Monday, June 7, 2010

a simple escape

Another soggy day in the emerald city. Hmph. I suppose it is conducive to a bit of productivity during these precious morning hours of alone-time.

But still. The gorgeous images of summer retreats - lakeside cottages, backyard hideaways, an occasional wildflower-filled meadow atop a secluded oceanside bluff with cozy lounge chair and sun-brella beckoning - are endless. The other day I came across this image of perfection via Poppytalk. It's from a summer 2009 issue of Canadian House & Home. I happen to harbor a not-so-secret love for Canada. This little set-up is almost feasible in my own yard. More typically, these dreamy settings are not. Except for a planting bed in the way, I could really do this next to our shed.

photo by Stacey Brandford

Admittedly, I don't live on the water so the view would be more modest, and in Seattle one has to expect some summer rain. Still, I wouldn't mind a weekend of perusing magazines and some great books. (I'm expecting Any Human Heart in today's mail.) A mojito, or two, might fit nicely as well. Yes, this would suit me just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment