Sunday, April 24, 2011

pinch pleat love

I've been away for my little home on the web for a week now. Spring break for the kiddos is drawing to a close. Today was our annual egg hunt - a great finale to the week! Pictures possibly if hubby took many. I was too engaged to think about grabbing the camera.

In any case, I feel the need to check in as I begin transitioning back to our routine. I've been playing around with pinch pleats. One outcome is this little bag. Just put it up in the shop. A blend of refined (hand-tied grid of pleats) and rustic (up-cycled leather belt strap & closure and high-texture, heavy-weight linen - the kind of linen likely to reveal a bit of raw flax peeking out. I love the contrasting elements of what I describe as a slouchy, quirky little number. I hope the Easter Bunny was good to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment