Sunday, May 8, 2011

don't shoot your eye out

My girls have grown to appreciate the potential for great finds at our local thrift stores. I don't think they quite grasp the reality that I return home empty-handed far more frequently than with any kind of long sought after gem in my mitts. When we encounter a desirable 'something' that just happens to be a blue tagged $1.29 Manager's Special or 50% off that day, my oldest jumps up and down with a smile of victory and promptly begins her effort to talk me into it. In these instances, I give in quickly - mostly because it's wizardry and sleuthing books she's been seeking of late. And great cowboy boots are always on the radar!

After recently finding a super deluxe set of boxing gloves, I've made a habit of looking for the next super deluxe set which I will not make the mistake of passing up second time around. My 4-yr-old loved punching me 20 or 30 times in the store. At our annual egg hunt, this year, another Mom thought equipping the kids with boxing gloves at next year's event would make perfect sense. It would add an exciting new dimension to the hunt. Over spring break, we added a mini (40") trampoline to our household. If that doesn't sufficiently increase our injury rate, the gloves surely will.
photo via oldcrowfarm

I little while back I could not resist a very cool old quiver and arrow set that simply reeks of the nostalgia of my summer camp youth on Orcas Island in the late 70's/early 80's. I've managed to keep myself from adding the bow for now, as even I would feel compelled to immediately head out back to draw a chalk target on the fence.




2 comments:

  1. Ooo! Come over! We have a child-size bow and target in the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't tell Nathan about that quiver - he'll be so jealous!

    ReplyDelete