Friday, June 10, 2011

production sewing


The rapid approach of summer has meant extra activities related to the end of the school year - such as the field trip I returned from an hour ago - thus, virtually no time for blogging. I've been in production sewing mode in preparation for the Bellevue Festival of the Arts in July. For one who is most fond of one-of-a-kind and small batch sewing, it's a bit of a stretch. If I've made a half dozen of a given item, it's a challenge for me to resist changing it up. With the exception of a couple of tea towel designs, I'm not making more than 8 of any one item. I've got several piles of in progress garments. Trying my darnedest to work smart and resist the urge to finish up single items.

Items of focus for the show include:
bags - shoulder, tote, mobius, pinch pleated & hip-bags
dresses & skirts for girls (knit & woven)
skirts for women (woven only)
pillows & pouffes
tea towels
aprons - demi, pintuck, full & Jane-of-all-trades

My list may not be comprehensive. I've attempted one photo session with my girls. Two more to come by the end of the June. Here are a few of the most recent shots.

size medium

size medium

size small

size small



2 comments:

  1. Meh production sewing. Can I borrow your jetpack to get to the Bellevue Fest? It sounds super-fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are just lovely - especially love the white/cream one. I hope your weekend is progressing at a nice pace. best, Annie

    ReplyDelete