Wednesday, September 7, 2011

new beginnings

Today was the first day of school - a day filled with excitement, confusion and copious tears shed by my little one. All in all, however, a victory. It will get easier. I spent time assisting kindergarteners with the transition and will again for the rest of the week and beyond. Fortunately, I did manage to swallow my own tears until I was clear of the campus.

I knew this would be a much tougher transition for my younger daughter than is was for my oldest. Still, it's tough. Even at 42, I can recall my own feelings around elementary school. So, for now, we're just going to continue discussing how the scared feelings slowly get smaller as the good feelings edge them out. The tears..., the anxiety..., it's all normal - woefully normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment