Monday, October 17, 2011

fossil hounds & paddlers

The weekend was work-filled for me. I accomplished a little less than planned, but I'll take it. My husband took the girls adventuring. They visited Stonerose Interpretive Center and Eocene Fossil Site in the town of Republic for some successful fossil hunting. The fossils they excavated came from an area that formed part of an ancient lake bed. According to the brochure, "The organisms found at Stonerose lived 48 million years ago, in a time known as the Eocene Epoch. They returned home with fossils from the following families: Dawn Redwood, Plum-yew & Alder as well as a mystery branch and some mystery leaves. Very cool I think!






They also got to try out our new paddle board for the first time. I hope to cover a lot of distance on that board next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment