Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Books: The Melancholic Mermaid

I was sorting some of my kids' books the other day. Books sure are tough to part with. As we add to our collection, we need to be sure we're letting just as many go.

Titles acquired this week: Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You and The Daring Book for Girls. I couldn't resist. They are beautiful used copies in great shape - and great reference material.

My youngest and I typically check out about 40 books at a time from our local library. She is a massive book lover. We encountered one of our favorites during the most recent visit; a title that made it on the all-time-favorites list for me and my nearly 9-yr.old. A beautiful story.

stunningly illustrated by Abigail Halpin.

No comments:

Post a Comment