Sunday, March 18, 2012

Peeky-peeky: Asymmetic stitch high-low tunic



Hello friends. I've been away. It's good to say hello.

Spring and summer show plans and design decisions are ever so slowly getting nailed down. My plate has been over-filled and Spool + Sparrow has yet again been relegated to the back seat. Time to get back into a consistent daily routine that includes cut-print-sew-repeat, or variations thereof.

This is a version of my high-low tunic - see pintuck version here - to be worn with or without the belt. Weather is crummy. Backdrops lacking. Model, nowhere in sight. But, a few quick shots are all I need at this time. I don't keep originals and generally don't make a pattern unless it's sure to be a keeper, so pictures of earlier versions sometimes come in handy.

With belt, tied in front.

With belt, tied in back.

Side view, with belt. My favorite kind of stitching..
the contrasting kind. Low armholes for an easy fit.

With belt, tied in front, back view.

With belt, knotted in back.

Surprise! No belt. Contrasting double rows of asymmetrical
stitching with a few pleats placed to my liking.


High-low hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment