Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Focus on Art - Jen Corace

Today's artist is Jen Corace. She's probably not new to many of you. So if I have three readers now, I'm guessing that two of you know her. She has illustrated several children's books. Or perhaps you've seen one of her journals. I am eager to get my hands on The Humblebee Hunter, written by Deborah Hopkinson, a story about Charles Darwin and his way of observing the natural world at home with his family.

I am writing this post in our dining room where two of her prints grace the walls and bring me as much joy with every viewing as when they were first purchased.


Stumps and Snakes


Sitting, Thinking, Staring

In my view, her art always offers up a great story. I love the lines of her pen and ink drawings. She achieves the most beautiful of soft muted colors. Based on comments received about the pieces we have displayed in our home, her creations are well appreciated by all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment