Tuesday, April 20, 2010

fascinators and hair pins and brooches oh my!

I love a great sweater brooch! In recent years, I’ve been living a severely-dressed-down life. The kiddos have something to do with this. Recently, however, I attended an evening baby shower/dinner for a friend and made some effort to clean myself up. I wore a washed-silk dress (have to admit I wore cropped skinny jeans under it) and pinned on this tiny rose brooch made by Mairuru a couple years back. I love the vintage kimono fabric she used.




Now I find myself somewhat motivated to consider wearing other than what has become my uniform of denim. I do love sundresses and cardigans. I suppose I just need a bit of accessorizing. I'll never give up my jeans, but I am game to dress 'em up a bit and rotate in some dresses. Etsy to the rescue. I'm thinking I might go for a week without sugar consumption (no small feat for me and something I’ve never attempted) and then celebrate by treating myself to one or two of these gems:


Shop Brydferth's bobby pin rosette of a gentle plaid is perfection! Perhaps the security of a pin is better fit for me. So many delicate lovelies here. For those of us who prefer a "disappearing" band, consider this lovely piece:





In keeping with my love for the color brown...

One could make a statement both bold (large feathers!) and perfectly understated (blends with darker hair color) with this felt feather fascinator from blue eyed freckle:




I could wear Heart of Light's rosebud corsage pin often! I'm thinking marigold. No, coral. No, marigold.




Next, we come to Monkey and Squirrel's pinwheel pinstripe brooch. I have a mottled mossy green cardigan with just the right spot. Congratulations, Jenn, on hitting 1,000 sales!!




I could make use of an entire bouquet of these linen crochet rose brooches from Namolio. My daughters would quickly pilfer these from me for sure. Check out the crochet motif pincushions at Namolio as well. Dainty. Beautiful. And, of course, handmade.




Thank you fellow Etsians!


No comments:

Post a Comment