Monday, June 21, 2010

vintage fabrics + pinbacks = brooch love!

So I have this smallish batch of vintage Japanese fabric at my disposal. My favorite fabric at the moment is the most perfect blue with a stripe. Oh, how I wish I had more of that one in particular! The vintage blends beautifully with some gorgeous summer weight bamboo fabric that I've been wanting to use for quite a while - hemp/organic cotton & linen as well. This vintage loveliness certainly fuels my desire to go visit Revival Fabrics in Portland. Given my limited stock, the vintage fabric will probably be reserved for brooches and obi belts only.

I've nearly finalized my wrap top design for kids. My girls definitely prefer a true wrap to a mock wrap and my oldest daughter pretty much begged me to let her keep the most recent prototype. I hope to offer a women's size as well, but cost is certainly a variable. I don't want to make that decision until late summer.

Now I just need to suspend time for a week or two to get back to wood-carving. It's been too long since I've managed any consistent carving time. I miss it.






No comments:

Post a Comment