Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Halloween 2010 - a preview

My girls are huge fans of Hayao Miyazaki's anime films. No great surprise when I asked them what or whom they want to be this year. My oldest has chosen to be Nausicaa, the peaceful warrior princess from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. The American film version is really only a small portion of the full story. We have yet to learn the full story, but they love Nausicaa! My youngest will be Sheeta, in her sky pirate outfit, from Laputa: Castle in the Sky; another fantastic, strong female character. There will be no levitation involved but we did track down what she considers to be the perfect pendant. It's the pendant that houses her power.

I'll take a Miyazaki princess any day over what Disney has to offer. Here's a preview sketch. I'll share the real versions when ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment