Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ruffles & Rust Spring Market


From the primitive, or shabby, to more formal with Victorian flair, furniture to frocks, vintage ephemera and more. Get a jump on Spring and come on out to the Ruffles & Rust Spring Market 2011 presented by Come Junk with Us, February 18 & 19. A vintage-inspired flea market at the Evergreen Fairgrounds in Monroe, WA. No shortage of parking, easy access from the freeway, a perfect day trip for you and ‘sis or that friend who loves quality junkin‘ and handmade natural fiber goodness. Eighty-seven fabulous vendors - see list here.


I’ve mentioned here a couple of times that I am preparing for a February show. Well, this is it. I met the powerhouse of a woman behind it all at my first show in December. She felt certain that my wares would be a perfect fit among her vendors. Early shopping (a party really) on Friday night with wine, appetizers, dessert and door prizes. Or, make a day of it Saturday, 9am-4pm. See the website for more information, including make-and-take classes on Saturday.


In terms of style, I suppose the closest event I might liken this to (bear in mind, I was not a vendor in the last Ruffles & Rust show so it’s new to me) is the Barn House Flea Market I attended in August. Ruffles & Rust is a biggie. Last event, in October, brought over 2,200 attendees. I’ve got admission discount coupons if you like. Just say the word. It's fine to print the coupon below for $3 off admission. I hope to see you there!




1 comment:

  1. The show sounds lovely! I'm sure your wares will be WELL received. Cheers, M

    ReplyDelete